USB 3.0 ports not working

wizzer

Hi
Wonder if someone can help. I am trying to use USB ports to transfer data to a WD passport - a yearly backup and clear up!

The usb 3 ports don't recognise the external drive although the normal usb ports do. I'm pretty sure in the past it did but can't remember as I've only backed up infrequently.

So I could just carry on but I'm intrigued as to why the don't and I've got 4 of them.

Done a bit of web research and it suggests possibly updating the BIOS but I'm not entirely comfortable about doing this.

Here's my PC details. Grateful for any advice

Wizzer pc.JPG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Are you still on windows 7 or have you upgraded to win 10?

If you've upgraded, you may well have to update your chipset drivers, actually, even if you haven't it's the first thing I'd check.

Windows 10 is creating many driver issues and that's why I downgraded to 8 and you should upgrade your drivers according to the Win 10. :p

wizzer

Are you still on windows 7 or have you upgraded to win 10?

If you've upgraded, you may well have to update your chipset drivers, actually, even if you haven't it's the first thing I'd check.

Yes I'm Windows 10. Sorry chipset drivers? I've been to the WD website and downloaded and installed WD SES Driver Setup (x64).msi but not sure it's done anything.

Wizzer

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I'm Windows 10. Sorry chipset drivers? I've been to the WD website and downloaded and installed WD SES Driver Setup (x64).msi but not sure it's done anything.

Wizzer

Chipset is the primary driver for your motherboard that creates the connection from Windows to the main motherboard components. You'll find it on the Asus driver downloads.