usb 3 virus

Tez77

Enthusiast
Got up this morning to find avg was saying my usb 3 driver was a virus i had installed the driver from the cd that came with computer just to make sure i uninstalled the driver then installed from the motherboard site same file must be said same thing now i have no driver for that showing in device manger arrr P6X58D-E my motherboard the file USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver V2.0.4.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista&7 any one no where to get a updated version from windows update not picking it up to.

steaky360

It is probably an error if you were downloading from the manufacturer. What file was picked up as being a virus?

Tez77

Enthusiast
I formated pc about 6 months ago installed drivers on P6X58D disk then this morning the driver for usb 3 avg saying its a virus i took it of and installed file from Asus site same thing i manged to get a updated file from somewhere else and looks like sorted must be a false reading.
NEC Electronics Corporation USB3.0 Controller Driver V1.0.19.0 for Windows 32/64bit this is what i had installed and was reading as virus

steaky360

Ah right, glad to hear you've got it installed ok - As you say probably a false positive, I cant imagine ASUS would host a virus :) (or I certainly hope they wouldn't!).

baron75mk2

Banned
False positive i get them a lot with various stuff , add whatever its reporting to the exclusions list , theres no way a driver from the manufacturer would be malware .