USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle for Windows 7 64 suggestions please

Dicky-Art

:sweatdrop:

I bought a cheepo CSR 4.0 usb adapter from BlueSoleil and have spent hours trying to get it to work properly!
Plugged it in and the microsoft drivers all installed themselves and everything paired up and all shows working but cannot connect to send files from my phone.
so..
The supplied cd was in Chinese! Managed to get a download that installed and seemed to work!
2mb limit! first 2 files sent ok, then no can do!
Pop up stating unauthorised copy etc etc...the supplier assured me that the adapter had been decoded, no need to use key code and just dismiss it!
Doesn't work although software/pc looks like its receiving file but phone shows failed.

Anyway after that lot of waffle :sleep1:
Can anyone recommend a reliable usb bluetooth adapter for windows 7 64?
Views much appreciated:taz:
TIA
Rich

outgoing

Hi guy,

I have bought and used a variety of USB bluetooth dongles and they have been very disappointing to say the least.

But I have a USB Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Dongle to listen on a printer connected to my stereo audio bluetooth music adapter from the laptop. Bluetooth 4 is much better than the old '2' and cheap ones. This sends smooth music with no loss of quality over a good range. Good software to go with it to let you do all sorts of things.

It is unbeatable for this Bluetooth version 4.0. As a final, I have been so happy with it that I threw out all the other bluetooth dongles.

12.jpg

Last edited: