USB's not working.

Boothy

Hey guys I've had this problem for a few days now, I turned on my PC and neither my mouse/Keyboard worked. Both lit up like there is power in them but no input at all.

I've trolled the internet for days looking at possible fixes, I've plugged them into other PCs and they work fine, I ordered a ps2 mouse and keyboard so I could get into my pc and they both work fine. I had an error intel(R) USB 3.0 extensible host controller not working in my device manager list.
I uninstalled this and hoped it would re-install on a reboot and it did but now it's changed to USB xHCI compliant host controller, still with the yellow warning symbol next to it, I've installed drivers from asus and intel to no avail.

It says that this device could not start (code 10)

i5-6600k
GTX 1070
16gb RAM
Asus z170-p if this helps.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Devmngr.JPG
    Devmngr.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 181

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I've trolled the internet for days
[rollinglaugh]

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.

What happened when they stopped working? Has there been a Windows update recently? Did you update any drivers?

What drivers did you install from Asus? Where did you source them from, the DVD that came with the system, the Asus website?

Do any of the USB ports on the system work?

Boothy

Haha, I switched off the PC and went to bed, woke up and went to work, came home turned it on and nothing. I don't remember installing any updates the day before or anything.

I installed the drivers from here - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-P/HelpDesk_Download/

Any time I tried to install a usb 3.0 extensible driver it just says incompatible or whatever.

None of the USB's work at all, I've tried each one. Also tried other keyboards etc in the PC.

Cheers for the reply bud!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Clearly something has changed and your only clue is that it happened after a power off. I would suspect a WIndows update in the first instance, could you have had an upgrade to 1803? It's kinda hard to miss that tough. :)

If you boot the Windows install media will the keyboard and mouse work? if they do then it's clearly a Windows issue and a recent update/upgrade would be my best guess.

If they don't work with the Windows install media get a friend to download a Linux distro for you and boot that, run Linux off the installation media (Linux can do that) and see whether your keyboard and mouse work on that. Again, if they do then your problem is in Windows (or the drivers).

If the mouse and keyboard won't work with either the Windows install media nor a Linux distro then it's going to be hardware I'm afraid and you'll need to call PCS....