Using Bioexcess for online passwords?

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
I can't work out how to set up the fingerprint reader for online passwords. I have Bioexcess installed, and have got as far as opening the online accounts part of the program. From there, what do I do?

kaizen

Hi,

Same problem here. New laptop with Win10 on it and Egis Tec ES603 fingerprint reader. The driver is installed and the device works as in I can log in to Windows using the new Windows Hello. It says I can also use it to log in to apps and services (lastpass, itunes, etc.) which is precisely what I want but I cannot get it to work.

Under Control Panel there is no Biometric Devices. I cannot find any fingerprint management software but I read somewhere that with Win10 it's unnecessary as Windows Hello replaces this. Well, obviously it doesn't for me.

I searched a lot online for a solution. The Egis Tec website is totally useless as the section about fingerprint swipe devices doesn't work. On various forums some people say this device is not compatible with Windows Biometric Framework (WBF) so it won't work, other people say it is compatible. Some say I need BioExcess which is Egis Tec software for managing fingerprint scanner. Looks like this software is not available through the manufacturers website but I managed to find it online, installed it and got it to work ok. There is an option on it called Online Accounts Management which says when I enable it I should see new button on websites etc which enables me to add this to the accounts but it doesn't work.

Any help will be much appreciated.