Using game controllers

Freeley

Have tried setting up my ps3 controller using motioninjoy but haven't been able to get it to work - only tried it on mafia 2 so far.

So having had a look on the internet it seems that the xbox360 wireless controller should be pretty straight forward but might need to buy the xbox 360 wireless receiver.

Does the wireless controller work via bluetooth? It's just that my motherboard (ASUS® P8P67 PRO) has bluetooth built in and i was wondering if this would work rather than buying the receiver that i might not need.

Any help appreciated.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Not sure about the above but just out of interest, how come you dont just get a PC game controller?
I got the Logitech Chillstream witch looks just like a 360 controller with built in fans and works perfectly for any PC game. It's not that expensive either so maybe it is a better trouble free solution?

JSG10

Expert
You could try and use Xpadder to set up your PS3 controller? I used it for my xbox controller for a while with success after much messing around and tweaking of buttons XD But it DOES work.

As for blu toothing an xbox controller. No you can't. You also can't use one of the play and charge kits with a wireless pad to play on the PC as it doesn't transmit data.

You need to buy either an official xbox controller wireless reciever for the pc or do what I did and just buy a wired controller which aren't that expensive :)

The wired controllers you can pretty much just plug and play :)

Freeley

Not sure about the above but just out of interest, how come you dont just get a PC game controller?
I got the Logitech Chillstream witch looks just like a 360 controller with built in fans and works perfectly for any PC game. It's not that expensive either so maybe it is a better trouble free solution?

I've got a pc controller from my old pc which doesn't seem to work. I've got xbox 360 and ps3 controllers already so i'd prefer to use one of those rather than buy yet another.
The wireless receivers are only about £15 but just wanted to check if it was necessary, it seems it is!

Cheers chaps.