Vaio Will Not Start Up

thebez

My Vaio has developed start up problems. The model number is SVE1511W1E. When the power button is pressed all the LED lights at the base, power, wireless, charging and disk transfer(i think?) light up. The Vaio fans also seem to start up. Then after a few seconds the disk transfer LED goes off and nothing happens. The other LED lights remain on but the laptop will not start.

I have tried the 30 second power push down without the battery in and tried using the laptop with just the mains power. I also think this is not a battery/power issue as there does seem to be power flowing into the laptop. My laptop is over a year old so I know it is out of warranty so I do not want to send it off for repairs if i can help it.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The issue could be caused by a number of things,the post beep/s could give a clue.
First try booting in safe mode,if successful this could point to a software/driver problem,if not the first thing I would try is an external monitor,if it works it would point to a faulty laptop screen or inverter.
Failing that It could possibly be an issue with the ram, graphics card or hard drive.