Value of my Vortex 18.4" Gaming Laptop

Zabadda

Hi

I have had my Vortex Gaming laptop for 18 months, its absolutely brilliant but I now have space for a full base unit so want to sell my laptop , can you guys tell me what you might value mine at? so hard to judge as its so unique really.

Chassis & Display Vortex Ultimate: 18.4" Full HD LCD Backlit (1920x1080) Super Clear
Glossy
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-740QM (1.73GHz) 6MB
Cache***SPECIAL***
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2 x nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M (SLI) - 1.5GB GDDR5 Video RAM -
DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW) 2nd Hard disk 500GB SATA
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 7 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/MS/MS Pro/MS
DUO/SD/Mini-SD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD (AS STANDARD)
USB Options 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Bluetooth & Infrared Options Integrated V2.0 Bluetooth Adapter + EDR Capability
Battery Vortex Ultimate Removable Polimer Smart Battery Pack (4,650 mAh)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 220W AC Adaptor
Firewire & Video Editing 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM

Yamikotai

Expert
Well it's using the original i7 series, which is a bit dated now, plus there's the lack of USB 3. It's got 8GB though, and the SSD especially will bump the value up.

I reckon if you find the right person to sell it to, I imagine you could get £750-900.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
play your cards right and you could get a good amount for it

Its all about shouting out the best bits if you do it through ebay

8GB RAM 3GB/s Super Speedy SSD
Over 600GB Storage Quad Core Processor
2 x 1.5GB graphics cards! 18" Full HD screen!

Yamikotai

Expert
Its all about shouting out the best bits if you do it through ebay

8GB RAM 3GB/s Super Speedy SSD
Over 600GB Storage Quad Core Processor
2 x 1.5GB graphics cards! 18" Full HD screen!
+1 to that. You always get rich non-techies scouring ebay for such deals, and it's just the sort of language that draws them in. Keep the price just under £1k and I'd be surprised if you didn't get a sale.

Zabadda

good replies guys cheers, I'd like closer to the 900 stated of course as it was 2k when I bought it and I could re invest the 900 in to a lovely base unit, the eBay fees do make me rather sick though.. grrr

Yamikotai

Expert
the eBay fees do make me rather sick though.. grrr
Try Gumtree. Much less saturation and no fees, but then there's less chance of someone seeing it.

Edit: Though, it's not a proper merchant-ey place so there's no PayPal or anything.