Vanguard Anti Cheat Help

kylgeo

Hello first of all apologies if my post is lacking as this is the first time i've had to post here. I have had my laptop since 2020 and been very happy with it. Recently i updated to windows 11 and for some reason I cannot play valorant anymore. I keep getting this same message "This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0 and Secure Boot to be Enable". I've looked online and gone through bios etc and nothing has seemed to work. I even did a fresh install of windows 11 so i am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you need any other information let me know. Thanks!

Optimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NOT REQUIRED

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello first of all apologies if my post is lacking as this is the first time i've had to post here. I have had my laptop since 2020 and been very happy with it. Recently i updated to windows 11 and for some reason I cannot play valorant anymore. I keep getting this same message "This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0 and Secure Boot to be Enable". I've looked online and gone through bios etc and nothing has seemed to work. I even did a fresh install of windows 11 so i am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you need any other information let me know. Thanks!

Optimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NOT REQUIRED
Did you legitimately install windows 11 or hack it?

What are your TPM and Secure Boot (Platform Trust Technology) settings set to in the BIOS?

kylgeo

It was a legit free update on my widnows 10. I got the message saying your system can be upgraded in widnows update settings and just clicked it. When i go on BIOS , I cant interact with any of the secure boot settings. They are greyed out for some reason.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It was a legit free update on my widnows 10. I got the message saying your system can be upgraded in widnows update settings and just clicked it. When i go on BIOS , I cant interact with any of the secure boot settings. They are greyed out for some reason.
Is windows fully up to date, INCLUDING OPTIONAL UPDATES

kylgeo

As far as I'm aware it is up to date when i go to my windows update settings it states that "You're up to date" i did check for updates just to be sure and dont see any other options for any further updates.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As far as I'm aware it is up to date when i go to my windows update settings it states that "You're up to date" i did check for updates just to be sure and dont see any other options for any further updates.
You need to check optional updates. Those are system drivers, without those the system isn't configured.

Also disabled discord from booting at startup:

Step 1: Open Discord and open Settings by clicking on the gear icon.

Step 2: Find and click on Windows Settings from the sidebar.

Step 3: Move to the right panel and toggle off the Open Discord option.

Step 4: Exit Discord and restart your computer.

kylgeo

Thank you for the info, I have installed the optional updates but nothing has changed. When I enter bios it states that secure boot database is unlocked, secure boot status disabled and enforce secure boot disabled and greyed out with no option to change anything. I'm assuming that what needs to be enabled for vanguard to work

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you for the info, I have installed the optional updates but nothing has changed. When I enter bios it states that secure boot database is unlocked, secure boot status disabled and enforce secure boot disabled and greyed out with no option to change anything. I'm assuming that what needs to be enabled for vanguard to work
That's why I was asking if it was an official windows 11, because you can't install windows 11 without secure boot and TPM 2 enabled.

So if they're disabled you've either got a hookey windows, or a serious problem somewhere, like a major virus.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's why I was asking if it was an official windows 11, because you can't install windows 11 without secure boot and TPM 2 enabled.

So if they're disabled you've either got a hookey windows, or a serious problem somewhere, like a major virus.
Following on from this it might be an Idea to do a full clean install of W11, following these instructions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

kylgeo

I understand your concern but I didn't pirate windows 11 as it was free. There is literally no reason to do so

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In the bios, see if you can set a supervisor password, sometimes this is required in order to enable secure boot options.

kylgeo

Sorry wasnt the entire message but there was a free upgrade period https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ong will the free,sooner than October 5, 2022. this is a link talking about the question of how long it last. I had simply accepted it in my windows update area as i thought why not? Generally regretting it as somehow its messed up my laptop now. For the other person thank you for the link. Will i lose everything on my laptop? as i have alot of files that i dont have any means to back up the files on

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For the other person thank you for the link. Will i lose everything on my laptop? as i have alot of files that i dont have any means to back up the files on
yes if you've only got the one drive and haven't got it backed up to somewhere like dropbox, google drive or onedrive, you could always back up photos, documents etc to a usb drive before reinstalling windows, this is one of the main reasons we spec more than one drive, one for OS and one for files

kylgeo

Thanks for the help, wish I did some more research when initially picking parts for the laptop then I would of known. Hopefully a fresh install will help. Will update once I've done it all

kylgeo

So just an update, after many hours of struggle got everything working. Did a clean install of Windows 11 and that didn't work in fact it killed all sound from my laptop. Admittedly got a bit frustrated and just did a clean install of Windows 10 and everything is working flawlessly!

Vanguard is working fine now didn't have to do anything to secure boot. Honestly don't know what the issue was on windows 11. So I guess I'll just stay on windows 10 forever. Thanks again everyone for trying to help!