Very loud buzzing noise when connecting Desktop to TV monitor.

marcus89

Hello all, I have a custom-made desktop which I'm having to temporarily connect to my television monitor which has a VGA input. For a week it has been absolutely fine but since yesterday I have noticed an incredibly loud buzzing noise, the source of which I can't locate.

So far I'm coming out of the desktop via the DVI output (the VGA output is fried so I am unable to do a direct VGA to VGA connection) and using a DVI to VGI adapter to go into the monitor. I'm also using a standard audio cable connected to the monitors "PC audio" input and like I say, this has caused me no problems until today when this noise has seemingly come out of nowhere.

My desktop and tv are plugged into the same extension socket so I don't think it's a grounding issue. I've tried unplugging the tv aerial, switching around audio cables, removing the audio cable but to no avail. The noise is definitely coming from my monitor's in built speakers as I can mute it with the remote.

I've attached an audio recording of the noise for reference: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vJoJAcJRnr

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this noise I'd be grateful. Thanks!