Very poor service

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
This is on behalf of my parents who used PCS on my recommendation. Mum had an Ultranote that's a couple of years old. Keyboard stopped working. She sent it back to PCS in February. Four weeks later she received it back 'fixed' after paying a fee as it was out of warranty. All fine so far. Keyboard though still felt slushy for a week or two then stopped working again. She rang PCS who said they'd pick it up again and fix it as a priority within two weeks. That pickup was eight weeks ago and it's still not been looked at.

So it's been faulty so far for almost four months now and been at PCS for about 12 weeks in total.

It's busy. Lockdown. Yadda Yadda. Yeah yeah. Get that. But their post sales service is still rubbish and they won't be buying from PCS again. I'm slightly wary now and feel a bit let down that a company I've recommended so often are actually a bit naff with the after sales.

Anyway, there we go. I told them I'd leave a review as they wanted me to.

Last edited:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It's busy. Lockdown. Yadda Yadda. Yeah yeah. Get that.
No - that's actually relevant and can't be dismissed with a wave of the virtual hand.

I am sorry to hear that it's been taking so long all the same. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

loso64

No - that's actually relevant and can't be dismissed with a wave of the virtual hand.

I am sorry to hear that it's been taking so long all the same. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.
honestly, i am with OP. it is one thing having new PC being built due to shortages, but to have a repair not being processed for 2 months (8 weeks at second repair)? To say it is fixed just for it to break in a two weeks again? That is not excusable imo. If stuff goes to repair twice in two weeks, that thing should be high priority to fix it.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
honestly, i am with OP. it is one thing having new PC being built due to shortages, but to have a repair not being processed for 2 months (8 weeks at second repair)? To say it is fixed just for it to break in a two weeks again? That is not excusable imo. If stuff goes to repair twice in two weeks, that thing should be high priority to fix it.
I do agree - it's an awful situation and not what would be expected. The OP's case has slipped through the cracks I fear - in the majority of occasions PCS will come through and sort it out and acknowledge that fact.

There isn't any indication in the OP's post if or how they have followed up with PCS since, so I hope it's phonecalls and escalation. As I say I do hope things get resolved quickly.

Equipment can be fickle - it breaking again shortly after having been repaired can happen without fault or malice - but I agree it should have been prioritised.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I do agree - it's an awful situation and not what would be expected. The OP's case has slipped through the cracks I fear - in the majority of occasions PCS will come through and sort it out and acknowledge that fact.

There isn't any indication in the OP's post if or how they have followed up with PCS since, so I hope it's phonecalls and escalation. As I say I do hope things get resolved quickly.

Equipment can be fickle - it breaking again shortly after having been repaired can happen without fault or malice - but I agree it should have been prioritised.
They were told two week priority turnaround. They've rung every week. For eight weeks. Still not looked at.

D

Deleted member 41971

No idea, wouldn't even know how to get that to happen so I doubt they'd have a clue how to get that to happen.

this thread shows how to write a formal complaint if your mum wishes to explore :)

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster

This is not one of those that slipped through the cracks, because my order has been slipping through the cracks for third time now. I am on my 3rd RMA in the last 5 months. Consistently slipping through the cracks on a new build.

There is a priority queue for returning repairs. But, I have been ‘mistakenly’ left out of it. So, I suggest you call them and ask PCS to ensure that it is on the ‘priority queueI’ and ask for your position in the queue.

I suspect you are NOT on it.

Even with all the good intentions, PCS has to pull up their socks on the queue management, customer service and quality check.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
This is not one of those that slipped through the cracks, because my order has been slipping through the cracks for third time now. I am on my 3rd RMA in the last 5 months. Consistently slipping through the cracks on a new build.

There is a priority queue for returning repairs. But, I have been ‘mistakenly’ left out of it. So, I suggest you call them and ask PCS to ensure that it is on the ‘priority queueI’ and ask for your position in the queue.

I suspect you are NOT on it.

Even with all the good intentions, PCS has to pull up their socks on the queue management, customer service and quality check.
I’m not disagreeing with anything your saying at all.

But I don’t believe that RMA’s are taking multiple months for everyone who requests one - so your cases are the outliers - but I get how that is no use or comfort for either of you.

You have some useful advice for the OP and I hope things move along quickly for both of you.

Citrus_9

Expert
They were told two week priority turnaround. They've rung every week. For eight weeks. Still not looked at.
Something doesn't add up to me. If PCS rang every week, that's an indication that they care, but aware of the situation. My first guess would be that there's a shortage of certain part and they're waiting for it to be delivered to them. Or, another guess would be that only a certain technician (advanced, more experienced) could look this up, since the first fix hasn't entirely resolved the problem.

Hopefully, it will get sorted soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Something doesn't add up to me. If PCS rang every week, that's an indication that they care, but aware of the situation. My first guess would be that there's a shortage of certain part and they're waiting for it to be delivered to them. Or, another guess would be that only a certain technician (advanced, more experienced) could look this up, since the first fix hasn't entirely resolved the problem.

Hopefully, it will get sorted soon.
I think @SlimCini meant his parents have called PCS every week, not the other way around.