Very slow internet on recent PCS computer, adjacent computer is fine

johell

Running two computers side by side, both on wifi conection to BT Home Hub 3. The old computer has an internal wifi aerial and is working fine, showing two bars on the taskbar icon. The PCS computer is showing that it's connected, with 3 or 4 bars, hovering shows internet access to the correct router, and it does connect and show internet pages, but very, very slowly.

The wifi card is one of these

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

It used to work fine, I've restored the computer back to a point at which it was working fine, but that hasn't helped.

It's quite a high spec computer by the way, running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help would be appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Running two computers side by side, both on wifi conection to BT Home Hub 3. The old computer has an internal wifi aerial and is working fine, showing two bars on the taskbar icon. The PCS computer is showing that it's connected, with 3 or 4 bars, hovering shows internet access to the correct router, and it does connect and show internet pages, but very, very slowly.

The wifi card is one of these

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

It used to work fine, I've restored the computer back to a point at which it was working fine, but that hasn't helped.

It's quite a high spec computer by the way, running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Might be worth upgrading the drivers, it's possible windows has tried to update them and installed an incompatible package, does happen unfortunately. If you go into device manager, can you post the name of the wireless device and I'll see if I can find the right package (of course, if you need that, if not, you know what to do) :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If it used to work fine what have you done to it since then? You clearly know when it started to have problems because you know when to restore back to. So what's changed?