Very VERY happy puppy, (I almost feel like crying)!

Pagey

Bright Spark
So I'm sure a few of you were aware I was having wifi issues, after a lot of calls and messing about came to the conclusion it was definitely a hardware fault so it went strait into an RMA.

Funnily enough though this path was not smooth as the first RMA was cancelled because a technician said a driver was updated to fix the issue, (which was also the wrong driver and didn't fix anything), which frustrated the life outta me. I'll mention no names as I'm sure the guy is feeling a little more than silly for that hiccup. Granted, the time between the two different RMA's was only a week, but with a broken computer it can feel like a lifetime.

Anyways, back onto the good news: Got a text message from PCS telling me that it's now been dispatched. I was a little worried about this as I wasn't 100% sure what they'd done to fix it, the sneaking suspicion they would format the drive and it would miraculously work was a constant source of worry. But after a look at my RMA Invoice I nearly wept with happiness.

The report is as thus:

Fault Report:

The wireless was dropping connection and sometimes failed to connect at all.

The card was replaced but this did not rectify the problem. I then replace the motherboard which after 10hrs of tests has fixed the problem.

The system BIOS and ECFW have been updated.

We're very sorry that your computer had to be returned to us. We hope you have no further problems.

As you can imagine I'm extremely happy with this result.

Again PCS have come up trumps!

Cheers guys!

steaky360

Positive RMA news :) Always good to hear! Looking forward to hearing from you again when you receive it!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Ill inform the RMA team :) good to hear your issues have been resolved.