VGA light on motherboard and post beeps HELP!

Miji

i get 1 long beep and 3 short post beeps and the white vga light comes on my motherboard (rog strix z390-f gaming) but my pc booted up fine and installed windows as it should and all the components are detected. I have re-seated my ram and GPU but I am still getting the beeps, this happens every time I boot and I received the PC this morning any help is appreciated :) (also would a bois update fix this??)

Miji

i get 1 long beep and 3 short post beeps and the white vga light comes on my motherboard (rog strix z390-f gaming) but my pc booted up fine and installed windows as it should and all the components are detected. I have re-seated my ram and GPU but I am still getting the beeps, this happens every time I boot and I received the PC this morning any help is appreciated :) (also would a bois update fix this??)
bios****

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
DON'T TOUCH THE BIOS!

Those beep codes indicate RAM failure. Open it up, pop out each of the RAM cards and then fully seat them. IT's possible they have come loose in transit.

If that doesn't help try booting it with only one RAM card and try with each card....

Miji

DON'T TOUCH THE BIOS!

Those beep codes indicate RAM failure. Open it up, pop out each of the RAM cards and then fully seat them. IT's possible they have come loose in transit.

If that doesn't help try booting it with only one RAM card and try with each card....
Thank your for the fast reply, after re seating the ram a second time the beeps happened again but this time only one of my RAM sticks are being detected I will try re seating a third time and if that doesn’t work I will identify which one is faulty and get back to you

Miji

Update, I sorted the RAM problem and both my sticks are being detected and working properly and also games are running how they should with my Temps staying how they should, is it possible that it is a false alarm cause by a bump in transit???

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Update, I sorted the RAM problem and both my sticks are being detected and working properly and also games are running how they should with my Temps staying how they should, is it possible that it is a false alarm cause by a bump in transit???
Are you still getting the POST beeps after checking the RAM? It is entirely possible that something has come loose in transit, that beep code indicates RAM but it's worth checking everything.

Miji

Are you still getting the POST beeps after checking the RAM? It is entirely possible that something has come loose in transit, that beep code indicates RAM but it's worth checking everything.
Yeah still getting the beeps and the CPU,GPU and wireless card etc are all seeming to be on right and working properly so with my knowledge I dont know what else to try

paul1224

Can you power the PC on first before you turn on your monitor and let us know if the beeps still occur?

If they don't then you may be experiencing a VGA error beep as there have been a few threads elsewhere that seem to report this type of beep code warning and your MOBO manual does indicate this error here on page 58 (2-18). Assume you don't connect the monitor via VGA so maybe that's why you get the warning?

Not an expert but my thoughts would be to either contact ASUS direct with the issue as it may be known to them and an update available (if a BIOS update then check with PCS first that it can be applied due to your warranty). Or you could go to PCS direct to see if they know of a fix (phone them).

Miji

Hi thank you I spoke on the phone to someone from pcs and they said it is most likely a problem that has occurred during transit as there is also damage to my case, I booted with BIOS and didn’t change any of the settings and booted normally and now the beeps and the light have gone, however they advised me to send it back anyway as they will look at it when they fix the case thank you for the answers

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi thank you I spoke on the phone to someone from pcs and they said it is most likely a problem that has occurred during transit as there is also damage to my case, I booted with BIOS and didn’t change any of the settings and booted normally and now the beeps and the light have gone, however they advised me to send it back anyway as they will look at it when they fix the case thank you for the answers
Ah. Pity you didn't mention the case damage first. That would have been a BIG clue. [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk