Vintage build memory problem.

davelectronic

So i have put together with my Son's help a dated gaming desktop for him.
Its a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard, and a AMD Phenom II X 4 955 HDZ955FBK4DGM 3.20GHz Socket AM2+/AM3 and 8 GB 10600 1333Mhz memory x 4 modules. Its on a budget, and a Corsair RGB mid atx tower case. Oh and a Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB video memory.

At the moment we can only get 3 memory modules running, so 6 GB memory. If we add the fourth module, the pc boots to beep code continuous single short beeps, but no display. We have tried moving modules to different slots to rule out a bad memory controller. Also we have tried all four memory modules, installing up to 3 modules. The memory seems fine, I've tried ganged and unganged settings, but this didn't fix the problem. At this point i feel I'm missing something in the sytem tweak in bios. The motherboard is revision 1.0
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So i have put together with my Son's help a dated gaming desktop for him.
Its a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard, and a AMD Phenom II X 4 955 HDZ955FBK4DGM 3.20GHz Socket AM2+/AM3 and 8 GB 10600 1333Mhz memory x 4 modules. Its on a budget, and a Corsair RGB mid atx tower case. Oh and a Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB video memory.

At the moment we can only get 3 memory modules running, so 6 GB memory. If we add the fourth module, the pc boots to beep code continuous single short beeps, but no display. We have tried moving modules to different slots to rule out a bad memory controller. Also we have tried all four memory modules, installing up to 3 modules. The memory seems fine, I've tried ganged and unganged settings, but this didn't fix the problem. At this point i feel I'm missing something in the sytem tweak in bios. The motherboard is revision 1.0
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hiya, as PCS sell custom desktops and laptops, we can't advise on self builds or competitor builds, you may want to check out Tom's hardware which is an open forum.

We can help with other things like software, windows, tech products generally, but regarding most hardware issues, that's restricted to PCS builds.