Viper III Getting screen artifacts under SLI

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Since around 2am last night I have been having a few issues with my Viper III:

EDIT: This is now occuring under single craphics card mode aswell.

1) Green artifacts appearing during video playback.
2) Random Graphics card failures ("driver fails to respond") causing programs to crash the moment the graphics cards are put under any load.
3) Unable to play games, they start up but the moment the game loads they crash out.

Now I want to point out I have never nor ever would overclock anything in a laptop (Not enough heat dissapation for it and components damaged too easily)

This is what I have tried to resolve the issue:

1) Switch to a non SLI-Profile: Works but then I cant play some games without stuttering at the higher graphics levels
2) Uninstall latest drivers and rollback to previous drivers: I last updated my drivers when 304.79 came out, rolled back to 301.42 (a full uninstall and re-install of drivers after restart!) no effect on older drivers, still having issues.
3) System restored both HD's to a point over a week ago: No effect

I am not going to fully re-install windows as I believe this is an issue with the graphics cards, not the OS, the fact that it only happens on SLI profile and I havent had a system update in a while.
Anybody think of anything else I can try before I have to RMA the system? I personally feel that one of the 560's has given up and decided to die a slow and painful death :\

Last edited: