Viper media buttons stopped working

Chro

The touch sensitive media buttons and the Hybrid SLI button have stopped working.

When the laptop turns on they do their fancy light up sequence but then return to being unlit and then do not function or light up. Also, Hybrid SLI is enabled (as shown in the tray) but its button is not lit.

I recently uninstalled a bunch of old programs which I do not use any more, but nothing system related.

Anyway, I don't think that they function from anything installed on the computer but are instead run directly from the mainboard.

Any ideas?

Chro

Ok, I called them and was told to do a system restore because it might have been some Windows Update that disabled them. I've done that, back to the earliest restore point, but it didn't work. Am calling them back, but the lines are really busy at the moment.

Saivishal

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry to hijack your thread.. but Ive never ever seen a single case where Windows Restore has ever helped anybody... I could be wrong.. but in my experience Windows restore is the worst possible utility ever... :|

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hijack your thread.. but Ive never ever seen a single case where Windows Restore has ever helped anybody... I could be wrong.. but in my experience Windows restore is the worst possible utility ever... :|

I've used it before 2 or 3 times to recover a PC after a disaster, worked well.

Chro

Eh, it's ok. I seem to remember system restore helping me with some sort of driver issue in the past, but for the most part you're correct.

Anyway, I called again and all they could suggest was reinstalling chipset and then video drivers. They didn't work so apparently all I can do now is reinstall the OS :/

How annoying, I only installed it a few months ago.