Virus not detected?

Jamed

Bronze Level Poster
HI, So I just found what look like a load of malware or viruses on my PC. One was babylon toolbar and the other was adGEn.exe in processes. I did a full scan with avast and malwarebytes but they didn't pick anything up at all. I also tried AVG but that didnt find anything either. I'm getting a bit worried as I'm sure these are malware of some kind and I can't find them anywhere on my PC. Only in processes.
Is there a way to manually remove them?
Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks.

T

TheGeeza

I've seen .PUPs in Cnet downloads but not viruses. I wouldn't download anything from there unless it's absolutely necessary.
If you right click on the suspicious process then you can find it on your machine by clicking open file location.
I would also try scanning in safe mode. Press f8 while the machine is booting up and select safe mode from the list of advanced boot options. This should prevent anything from loading that stops the anti virus software from seeing it.
I assume the scan settings you used included every storage device? Sometimes it excludes things even in full scans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
In task manager you should be able to right click on the process and go to the file location. From there you may be able to find an uninstall option or just delete it all manually.

Jamed

Bronze Level Poster
I've seen .PUPs in Cnet downloads but not viruses. I wouldn't download anything from there unless it's absolutely necessary.
If you right click on the suspicious process then you can find it on your machine by clicking open file location.
I would also try scanning in safe mode. Press f8 while the machine is booting up and select safe mode from the list of advanced boot options. This should prevent anything from loading that stops the anti virus software from seeing it.
I assume the scan settings you used included every storage device? Sometimes it excludes things even in full scans.

Cheers I did the scan in safe and it found it.
Thanks guys.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you could also try using avast. As it has a very good boot time scan. - basically scans the systems before it fully boots up.