Virus won’t go away

jonsav123

I keep getting a message from Kaspersky to say that they have detected a virus on my computer - Trojan.Multi.BroSubsc.gen.
They tell me to disinfect, which I do, and then they automatically run a full scan which takes several hours.
when that is finished I get a report to say there are no threats, but within half an hour it all starts again. I have disinfected now about six times.
It seems impossible to get through to Kaspersky customer care (what a joke) so I am not sure what I can do now.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Save any files you need. Reinstall windows. Forget Kaspersky. Save money. Use windows defender. Use cloud storage for files from now on so nothing important is saved on your hard drive. JOB DONE.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Save any files you need. Reinstall windows. Forget Kaspersky. Save money. Use windows defender. Use cloud storage for files from now on so nothing important is saved on your hard drive. JOB DONE.
Bingo to this man!

also, use malwarebytes free for manual scans once a week or so on top of windows defender

paul1224

As per above a clean install of Windows would be an option but will remove all files from your PC.

It may be that a temporary folder like via System Restore is retaining the virus in some way and it is being reactivated after 'removal'. I would personally run a Malwarebytes or Microsoft Safety Scanner scan and see if that can remove it effectively without it reoccurring. You could also try Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

If a clean install is possible though and not too inconvenient that may be a good way to get your system virus free.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Download the tool anywhere you want onto any hard drive you have.

Plug in a memory stick or such like and run the tool you download to create a windows 10 install onto the memory stick (it will wipe whatever is on the memory stick when doing this so don't use a memory stick with anything on it that you don't mind losing).

Restart the computer and go into boot options on the splash screen. Tell it to boot from the memory stick. Hey presto it will reinstall windows onto whatever hard drive you want and at the same time you can tell it to wipe everything else you have on there. Then you'll have a beautiful new and clean version of windows 10 running. And it near enough finds all the drivers you need during the install so you don't even have to hunt around for all of those like you might have had to in the past.

I did it at the weekend and my laptop is now luxurious again. Apart from wiping my memory stick which had useful stuff on it i forgot would be wiped (doh) when making the iso.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Should the OP consider making the install media on a different PC rather than the infected one? Genuine question, have no idea if the virus could get at it if (s)he makes it on the infected system.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would definitely say so, you can't rely on an infected machine, there could be DNS redirections, bootloaders, could be anything that could infect the install image.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Should the OP consider making the install media on a different PC rather than the infected one? Genuine question, have no idea if the virus could get at it if (s)he makes it on the infected system.
This is an excellent point. I think the chances of malware affecting the media creation are vanishing small - but that's not zero...

Sent using Tapatalk