VMC GBTN - Beta Testing

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
https://www.vmc.com/games/GBTN/

I thought it was worth telling everyone on the forum about GBTN. Global Beta Test Network. Basically you can get paid to test games.

I've been a member for at least 6 months now and had the opportunity to play some big games from various big publishers.

It's only a few hours a week usually and each test gets emailed to you for you to then mark your availabilty. There is no punishment in not attending a test unless you tell them that you are available and then don't show and you can just do the tests convenient to you. Due to it being a global network, tests can be at any time and I've been offered some for 3-5am and some 7-10 in the evening. But it's completely up to you which you accept.

It's not a huge amount of money, minimum wage (£6.70 in UK) but you're getting paid to play some cool games. I've been paid over £100 since I started which has just bought me a new mechanical keyboard (yay :D). But you can think of this as an opportunity to play some of the latest games before they're released for free! And you often get other rewards as well such as a free copy of the latest fps from one of the names I mentioned above.

Anyway the link for more information and sign up is above. Hopefully see a few of you in the field for some upcoming tests and any questions feel free to ask (providing they don't breach the NDA on any games).

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
Yeah I am a member of them as well, I have been for a while but due to all the availability being like 1am on work nights I have not actually done any testing at all since I joined up.
My brother has been doing it for a couple of years and apparently he does well from it. But he doesn't work so can do pretty much every session they do regardless of the time.

When you first sign up you have to submit your dxdiag through there portal so they have your specs and you get chosen based on the range they need to test for each game, you then get an email notifying you of an available session and is usually a few days notice. I just ignore these emails as I cant do them but if you can you simple reply to the email and say you can do it.

I will one day test something!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeah I am a member of them as well, I have been for a while but due to all the availability being like 1am on work nights I have not actually done any testing at all since I joined up.
My brother has been doing it for a couple of years and apparently he does well from it. But he doesn't work so can do pretty much every session they do regardless of the time.

When you first sign up you have to submit your dxdiag through there portal so they have your specs and you get chosen based on the range they need to test for each game, you then get an email notifying you of an available session and is usually a few days notice. I just ignore these emails as I cant do them but if you can you simple reply to the email and say you can do it.

I will one day test something!

I'm pretty lucky as well being a student that's only in 3 days a week. Although I still get some that clash with lectures. The last one I did was a perfect 4-7pm for me. I suppose it is good that it's completely flexible, meaning that there isn't much reason not to sign up unless you don't want more emails.

Cheers for posting this, greatly appreciated.

After initial sign-up via their "Survey" is it a case of awaiting for them to email you before taking things further?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Cheers for posting this, greatly appreciated.

After initial sign-up via their "Survey" is it a case of awaiting for them to email you before taking things further?

Yeah you'll probably get another email saying you've been accepted and then another asking for your paypal email. Then once a test comes up that you are suited for you will receive an email with a short survey asking if you want to be part of the test.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Hi Wozza...

I never noticed your location before! But I signed up yesterday with no reply yet, how long did it take you guys to receive an email back?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
My location is currently incorrect on here. And it may take a while, I don't know exactly how long, you haven't missed any announced tests yet.

From what I read in one of their last emails, they are very busy and spending a lot of time improving their systems so it may take longer. They've updated the attendance system to a weekly update and the payment system should be improved. Currently its up to 6 weeks after a test is declared finished by the developer, which may be well after the test you participated in.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just been invited to my first mobile test. Will be interesting to see what they would want so much testing for on mobile.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There aren't very many mobile tests. I think this is only the second one I've seen and the first that I was actually available for.