Volume is Constant

CyroMania

I have an Octane VI. But when I turn the volume on through the laptop speakers, the volume remains at maximum volume no matter the sound setting so 10 = 20, anyone know how to fix this? I've tried googling it, but it's quite a difficult problem to search. Any advice would be appreciated.

steaky360

Could be you need to update your sound drivers? If that doesn't seem feasible (or simply just isn't easy!) give PCS a call or send them an email (assuming no here can point you in the right direction!), they don't always get a chance to actively monitor the forums.

TheSoccerer

Hello Cyromania, if you work like the most users with Win10, then you can click in the taskbar on the right side to the speaker icon, and then click on Troubleshoot sound problems. Maybe windows is able to solve the problem for you.
08-09-_2019_00-14-24.jpg

CyroMania

They first told me to reinstall the control center which didn't have an effect. I called up a second time and the technician used Remote Support to access my system. His last option was to install the Sound Blaster Driver from the list of drivers. Turns out this was the issue. When my laptop arrived it had the audio sound drive installed but no SBX drive. It works like a dream now.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
They first told me to reinstall the control center which didn't have an effect. I called up a second time and the technician used Remote Support to access my system. His last option was to install the Sound Blaster Driver from the list of drivers. Turns out this was the issue. When my laptop arrived it had the audio sound drive installed but no SBX drive. It works like a dream now.
All's well that ends well. Glad it's sorted! :)