Vortex 17.3 inch laptop speaker grill cleaning

Quillion

I have the Vortex model with the slanted speaker grill (sits between the hinges of the laptop screen). I need to clean the grill. This is a problem as the holes are very small. I seem to be able to lift the grill up slightly but didn't want to go too far without checking on here to see if it a) does come off and b) can easily be placed back on the laptop.

I have seen other pics on here where the laptop speaker grill is just above the keyboard and it snaps off easily. Mine is above this panel, like I say, under the screen and tilted.

Thanks,

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello Quillion,

Hey the speaker grill comes off, i usually slide a credit card or something and run it round just to pop off all the tabs. Thats how you get into the Ram compartment and remove the keyboard if you ever need to.

As for cleaning the thing i usually have a fine toothbrush to clean out the vents on the bottom of the machine and the speaker grill.

My Cleaning kit consists of

Microfibre for the screen
Duster for the chasis
Screwdriver to remove Bottem, Fanx and Heat Syncs
Toothrush for vents and fans and heat syncs
Compressed air to give it a blast out.

One bit of advise if your giving it a full clean is to start at the bottom, i was pretty annoyed when i did it from top to bottom and all the dust from inside the machine shot through the speaker grill and all overs my clean screen and keyboard.

I do this about once a month, keeps her running cool but i have quite a dusty house.

Hope this helps.

Quillion

Thanks Smoke, that's great, but just to check we are both singing from the same songsheet, and because I'm paranoid about us talking about different speaker grills, is this the same one as yours?

1392764124_tmp_DSC_0406.jpg

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Oh no, sorry man that speaker grill is further back than mine, i have the Vortex 2 15" didn't think the Chasis had changed that much in design.

All the rest of my tips should be the same

I cannot remember which Clevo model that is but if you type in youtube PH17(Model Number) people have usually done a dissasembly video of the laptop that my be able to help you.

Sorry i cant search for it at the moment as im at work and the company ban Youtube :(