Vortex 2 motherboard question.

Kashyyyk

Can someone tell me what brand and model of motherboard does the Vortex 2 has?

I have bought my Vortex 2 super full equipped i spent 1560 pounds, and exactly when i needed it more, it collapsed, the screen freeze's the firewire previously to this problem never worked with my audio card giving white noise and super loud from the main volume, and then when it freezed it made a white noise like CSHHH for 1 sec. and then i needed to turn it off manually,
it seems that is the mother board.. and if i am lucky the video card..
The machine just starts the power button led light up, black screen, no beep so is not the memory, the hard drive is ok, i saved all my info after this. the windows is not charging and basically is not going nowhere, suddenly the fans start working cause it starts to get hot after 3 minutes, is such a petty, after only 2 months., i know should not be a problem to use the guarantee but i live in Mexico and is too expensive to send it. Maybe i will wait until i will be in Europe again,. but also i have to take decisions soon cause i need it to work, anyway my question was because maybe it will be less expensive to buy a new mother board even when i know i will loose the guarantee.. i don't know what to do..

thanks for any comment.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest you call us on 0844 499 4000 for tech support here, sounds like something has happened and the chassis might need resetting.

Kashyyyk

Thank you, i have spoken with technical support, and explained the problem, and they told me to send it, made the RMA, but nothing about resetting the chassis...
IF this is an option i should try that, how can i do it?

Last edited: