Vortex 3 backlit keyboard problem

xxTJxx

Hi

I recently got my Vortex 3 15.6" from PCS and I love it so far, runs every game beautifully and I love the look and feel of the laptop, but a problem has arisen.

One day after leaving my laptop in hibernation for about 6 hours I thought the color of the middle bit of my keyboard looked a bit off, but I kind of forgot about it thinking it was just my eyes playing tricks, but then I noticed it the next day as well. For some reason the middle bit of my keyboard was showing teal instead of the default blue(which I prefer) so I figured I had managed to change it, I went into the light options and it said it was all supposed to be blue, so I tried to change it to teal then back to blue to no avail.

Long story short, the middle bit of my keyboard seems to be in it's own little world, when it's supposed to be blue, it's teal. When it's supposed to be red, it's yellow. When it's supposed to be pink, it's white.

Also for some reason it refuses to let me turn it off, whenever I use the shortcut to turn it off, the sides go off but the middle bit goes green, this also happens if I try to manually dim it all the way down.

This isn't really a huge issue to me, but it's just a bit annoying and makes me feel like I've got an "unfinished" product + I'd like to be able to turn off the lights...

I have tried to uninstall the "hotkey" drivers and reinstall them to no avail, but I will try again, hopefully someone else has an idea of how to fix this, because I really don't want to send it back just to get the keyboard swapped out seeing as I need my laptop for uni work.

Thanks in advance or any help.
-Tom

xxTJxx

Fixed the issue with a little help from phone support. Just had to take off the keyboard and make sure the wires were properly in and now it works like a charm again.

I didn't even know you could change the colors!!! How do you do it lol?!?!? Thanks :)

If you press Fn+ /(on your numeric keypad) it should open an interface where you can change the colors, you need to have installed "Hotkey" though, which came on the disk you should have gotten with the laptop.

Last edited:

kylhan

Silver Level Poster
Haha Yer I didn't have the "Hotkey" installed. To be fair I thought they installed all the drivers before they sent the laptop out?