Vortex 3 or viper 4 q

Ideasweasel

First off I would like to say how helpful everyone on here is. *People always seem to go out of their way to troubleshoot peoples issues. *Kudos to you all.

I would like to try and clarify the difference between the Vortex 3(p170EM/P150EM?) and the Viper 4?/unamed (p270wm?)

There was a post recently advising that the Vortex 3( is out on 08/04/12 and will feature rebranded 560m/580m under the name 670/675m respectively. *Now I gather these are very similar albeit slightly faster clock speeds etc.

I am curious as to what the status of the Viper 4? SLI 675m chassis is. *

I was kindly told by PCS on 09/03/12 that "GTX 580M SLI will destroy even the highest 600 series cards, so don't worry about newer technology too much! *The chassis has been delayed a little unfortunately. Stock will be a little longer yet but I don't have any confirmed ETAs. Perhaps another 3-4 weeks I'm afraid. "

So where does that leave the rebranded 580m SLI Monster? *Is April still realistic? Or does the Vortex 3 have the option of SLI? Is it the same thing? The naming is a bit confusing and I am lost. * I am concerned though that if the SLI 675 is delayed any further I might be just best waiting for the next big jump as it will be close to getting SLI 7xm cards. *Any assistance is greatly appreciated. *

Finn

Enthusiast
The 670 is rebranded 570, the 675 is a rebranded 580, the 660 is a not-yet-released new modal based on the new keppler chipset

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Answers

1. Viper IV does not exist. As it's a completed different chassis to the Viper III it may have a new name altogether. We haven't fenalised this yet.
2. The Vortex models do not support SLI.
3. The unnamed P270WM will be arriving with single/dual GTX 675M. GTX 580M is EOL.
4. We are stocking GTX 660M on a new chassis, due in around mid May. We haven't decided on a name for this yet. It will sit in-between the Optimus and Vortex models.

Ideasweasel

Thanks everyone. So PCS when will a new sli high end laptop be arriving? Any rough idea of dates? Still on for April or later.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid it's been delayed even further. The delivery dates are out of our control and it's been put back with no new updated dates at present. At a guess I would say May...

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Answers

1. Viper IV does not exist. As it's a completed different chassis to the Viper III it may have a new name altogether. We haven't fenalised this yet.
2. The Vortex models do not support SLI.
3. The unnamed P270WM will be arriving with single/dual GTX 675M. GTX 580M is EOL.
4. We are stocking GTX 660M on a new chassis, due in around mid May. We haven't decided on a name for this yet. It will sit in-between the Optimus and Vortex models.

@4. Vortex Mini?/ Vortex Lite? (because it's effectively the same chassis with a different finish and a weaker psu)

*edit: supposing it's based on the clevo shell p151em

Reactions: PCS

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
@4. Vortex Mini?/ Vortex Lite? (because it's effectively the same chassis with a different finish and a weaker psu)

*edit: supposing it's based on the clevo shell p151em

Very wise indeed :)