Vortex II 15" - Mainboard and SATA

meganub

Hi Guys,

Another question on the Vortex II 15". What motherboard does it use, and what SATA revision does it support?

Also, one last bonus question. Can I order the laptop WITHOUT any hard drives? (I've got a spare SSD here waiting to go in a machine).

Cheers!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The motherboard is manufactured by Intel/Clevo/Foxconn most likely - it's made for this chassis only. It supports SATA 6GB's REV 3.0.

You can order without a hard drive but you will need to send us your SSD so that we can install it into the laptop for you and install the OS. What brand is the SSD? For your information OCZ Vertex SSD drives work intermittantly with our laptops - we recommend Intel or Kingston only.

meganub

You can order without a hard drive but you will need to send us your SSD so that we can install it into the laptop for you and install the OS. What brand is the SSD? For your information OCZ Vertex SSD drives work intermittantly with our laptops - we recommend Intel or Kingston only.

Cheers for that!

I've got an OCZ at the moment, so maybe I will include a hard drive after all. Presumably I will have to phone up to get a quote for a hard drive-less laptop though? (I won't be ordering an OS either - got existing licenses).

Do you only offer Intel 320/510 ssd drives on your builds? I've heard not so great things about them...

Cheers again!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We only offer the Intel drives on our notebooks - I can whole-heartedly recommend them for great performance and stability.