Vortex II-17

i7-2720QM
4GB 1600MHz
GTX 460M
250GB 510 SERIES SSD
BLURAY ROM/DVD WRITER
(NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED)
£1,633.00

My budget would be around 2K and I want to choose between more RAM, more CPU or SSD Raid (-yeah I know, try not to jizz).

I don't know which would contain maxed out/bottlenecked components so any suggestions on what would be the fastest result?

Extreme gaming is not my no. 1 priority btw, hence 460m. I want epic boot times, video rendering, file copying, photo conversion speed.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

For gaming (which is not your no.1 priority) the GTX 460 would be the bottleneck. For boot times, video rendering, etc - the system is very well balanced and no individual component will create a bottleneck. Overall a very fast laptop!

Meds

The spec as it is looks good as PCS has already mentioned and you don't really need to change anything, it's going to be a very powerful laptop. However, if you really want to spend your whole budget then stick 8GB RAM in there & get the i7 2820QM CPU.

flobber238

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks, that sounds cool. I trust you not to just try to get more money out of me lol! Nah it's all cool.

I have a question. How come we can't choose the Intel 510 series SSDs for the second drive bay?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they just haven't been added to the configurator. They have been added now :)