Vortex II High CPU Temps

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I'm getting temps of 55-70 while browsing/streaming hd vids and when I'm gaming I'm reaching 90 (would probably reach higher, but I put it to sleep at that point):sweatdrop: . It used to run at 45-50 for the most part and then max out at around 75 under intense gaming. I always have my laptop on a cooling pad and make sure the vents aren't being blocked. I was thinking that maybe the cpu paste is no longer being effective, but I thought it was supposed to last for a few years?
Hoping someone here can advise me :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I had highish temps in my optimus II, which was down to just a tad too much thermal paste. If i were you, give pcs a call explain to them, ask them if you can do a re paste. They will tell you how to do it, the heatsink on my optimus come straight of. So its mega easy, if you are confident in doing so then i'd do that mate. Watch a few NCIX youtube videos on pasting up.

You would need some thermal paste cleaner, purifier and new paste. If you want to give it a go, go for this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Silv...BPAI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353263704&sr=8-3

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Not sure I'd be too confident in opening up my laptop - don't want to damage anything and end up voiding the warranty on it.

I'll shoot them an email and see what they suggest.