Vortex II Safe mode boot only AND laptop screen not working (External monitor OK)

A problem has just occured with my Vortex II (order number 442110) which I have had for a year

PROBLEM:

After attempting to resume from a hibernate, the laptop was not able to boot into normal Windows mode.

The laptop screen does not come on (no flicker, no backlight, so no boot screen etc). However, an external monitor using the DVI port works.

Windows will boot into both safe mode and safe mode with networking, but on attempting to boot normally, the Windows startup logo will display, then the screen will turn black (Laptop screen will remain off and external monitor screen will be backlit but black).

After leaving the laptop for a period of time in this state, it will turn itself off.

THINGS I CHECKED:
-BIOS was reset to default settings
-System Restore performed
-Windows Startup Repair performed
-services and startup all disabled in msconfig (now re-enabled)
-opened up back panel just to check if any loose wires (did not touch anything and did not see anything amiss)
-updated video driver

I've contacted Technical Support as well, but just figured I'd post in case it's something really small and silly that I've not done, as I really need this laptop for work and would rather not have to send it off.

THanks very much in advance!

So after uninstalling the video card driver, I managed to boot in normal Windows mode for a little while. Windows will then install the driver, and everything will work alright for a period of time, then I receive the blue screen of death as follows:

XGKzp3T.jpg

Booting up normally after this will lead to the initial problem of blank black screen on the external monitor, and the laptop screen off.

Safe mode still works OK.

If I then uninstall the driver again in safe mode and boot in normal, the above will repeat.

Throughout all of this, the laptop screen itself never turns on, not even a flicker. I am doing this all through the external monitor.

[EDIT] just to say, I have the dump files as well but have no idea what to do with them :(

Last edited:
Update:

Reinstalled Windows and was able to boot in normal mode with laptop screen not working.

After installing drivers (including video card drivers) and restarting, the laptop screen began working again, then cut off. Windows now cannot boot in normal mode again.

I am beginning to suspect a hardware issue as this is a clean install of Windows with default drivers installed.

Can anyone help out on this please?