Vortex III and Skyfire II; questions regarding dual GPUs and Ivy Bridge.

PiXiL

Question 1: I was wondering if the Vortex III or Skyfire II laptops will be SLi/Crossfire ready?

Question 2: I think I've seen somewhere on this forum that the Vortex III wont have the new Ivy Bridge processors, which is slightly disappointing if so - but hopefully someone can put me right if it's not the case?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They will probably both be sporting the ivy bridge CPUs and the nvidia 600 GPUs, the models available is a different matter, although i doubt either will have SLI

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
1. Neither of these will support SLI or Crossfire. However other (exceedingly more expensive models) will do.

2. Not sure where you've seen that - it's not correct. Vortex III is Ivy Bridge BUT will initially be launched with Sandy Bridge processors because Ivy Bridge launch date on some SKUs is a long time away...(JUNE 2012).

PiXiL

1. Do you have word on any new chassis that support them and roughly how much are we looking at?

2. Thanks for the clarification; I think I misinterpreted someone's post. I also got the Skyfire II and Clevo P270WM muddled up earlier (don't know where my heads at), but thanks for correcting me!
:stupid:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
In your post above you answered your first question in your second: P270WM :)