Vortex III elite battery power fps drop

darsmi

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there.....i purchased my elite a couple of weeks ago. Its got the 3840 i7......and 2x 680m in sli. When playing a game for instance F1 2012, i get around 100 fps whilst plugged in, but when i disconnect the power cord it drops down to around 28 fps.
My question is....am i missing something in the power settings or something? I know the battery wont last very long on battery, but im sure id get an hour or so from it. So is there a way i can keep my 100fps while running on battery??
Please help

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Not sure if this will work, but take a look at your Nvidia Control Panel and look in the Global Settings Tab of the "Manage 3D Settings" section

About half way down there is a setting called "Power Management Mode" which is set to adaptive by default. This will automatically detect your current laptop power consumption and whether it is running on battery and therefore reduce performance of the cards to compensate for this and try to conserve as much power as possible.

It might be worth changing this to performance to see if it then continues to run the cards at top whack, ignoring the fact the laptop is running on battery. As you have said, not sure how long a battery would last with two 680's gobbling maximum power but would be interesting to see....