Vortex III Elite - Display Ports

kam67

Enthusiast
I just saw a video review on Youtube which revealed tha the p370em does not have a vga or dvi port - which I assume means that the vortex iii elite does not have those ports either.Seems a bit odd, given that this is such a powerhouse of a laptop. Is that correct? And also, can anyone please confirm whether the vortex iii elite l does have a hdmi port at least?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The Vortex III Elite does not have a VGA or DVI Port - however it has a Display Port and HDMI port so that it can connect to your external display in the highest quality:

8_big.jpg

If you prefer to connect by DVI, and you ask nicely when ordering :))), we might be able to provide you a HDMI to DVI adapter for free with your order:

120px-DVI-HDMI-Adapter.jpg

kam67

Enthusiast
Great, Thanks a lot :).

(I have a Dell monitor with a Display Port,
Hdmi port and Dvi - so will hopefully have no problem getting hooked up to external display!)

Last edited:

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
I just saw a video review on Youtube which revealed tha the p370em does not have a vga or dvi port - which Seems a bit odd, given that this is such a powerhouse of a laptop.

Most manufacturers are migrating to DisplayPort & HDMI solutions, legacy VGA & DVI are being phased out, since the DP can process more bandwidth, than the rest - "17.28 Gbit/s of effective video bandwidth, enough for four simultaneous 1080p60 displays (CEA-861 timings) or 2,560 × 1,600 × 30 bit @120 Hz (CVT-R timings)" Per Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Advantages_over_DVI.2C_VGA_and_LVDS

There are many aftermarket DisplayPort to DVI & VGA adapters available.

Last edited:

kam67

Enthusiast
That's really useful Iroquois, thanks. Any particular type of cable I should look out for to hook up the laptop to a display port equipped Dell monitor?

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
That's really useful Iroquois, thanks. Any particular type of cable I should look out for to hook up the laptop to a display port equipped Dell monitor?

Do you mean the type, choosing between DP, HDMI, DVI? I'd go with DisplayPort over HDMI out, seeing as DP is designed & optimised with PC systems in mind, it also has no DRM controls - otherwise both standards are fairly similar.

Although, if cost is an issue, then an HDMI cable should be cheaper, given the supply on the market.

Last edited:

kam67

Enthusiast
Do you mean the type, choosing between DP, HDMI, DVI? I'd go with DisplayPort over HDMI out, seeing as DP is designed & optimised with PC systems in mind, it also has no DRM controls - otherwise both standards are fairly similar.

Although, if cost is an issue, then an HDMI cable should be cheaper, given the supply on the market.

Thanks once more - I definitely want to use a DP connection, but what I was wondering Is what kind of cable I would need to use. I guess the answer is obvious - namely a Display Port Cable? :)