Vortex III Elite+ external 22" display for gaming?

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Do you mean DisplayPort? Also, I'm surprised it's 120Hz, I'd kind of assumed laptops weren't really designed to do that.

Aye l mean the display port, the DVI out is not dual so my monitor only ran at 60Hz, a cheeky Google pointed to the display port and bob your uncle, under Intel and Nvidia 120hz refresh :)

If you like l can post pictures :)

Regards.

C.

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Further to this thread l have been playing about with my monitor again :) unfortunately the 120 Hz signal drops after a few mins and l get no signal detected on the screen, selecting 60 Hz fixes the problem! Going to see if running at 100 Hz makes a difference.

Regards.

C.

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Nope running at 100 Hz also does not make a difference meh. Still happy with two displays tho lol.

Regards.

C.

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Aye looks like Intel only supports 60 Hz externally so does the GTX 680M atm, heyho.

Regards.

C.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're considering bringing stock in on the Vortex III Elite with a 3D screen (landing December) at roughly £150 more than the current Vortex III Elite price. Would anybody buy this?

Yamikotai

Expert
We're considering bringing stock in on the Vortex III Elite with a 3D screen (landing December) at roughly £150 more than the current Vortex III Elite price. Would anybody buy this?
Would it be an actual 3D screen, or the Nvidia 120Hz kind of of 3D?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It will be the Nvidia 120Hz kind of of 3D - they type that allows you to play games in 3D using Nvidia 3D vision glasses (supplied in the price).

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
I would have bought it purely for the 120 Hz refresh as £150 for a 120 Hz panel is half of what l paid for the XL2420T so ye would have defo paid the difference :punk:

Regards.

C.