Vortex III LE

Edit: Just recieved it, amazing laptop. It's reasonably sized, it isn't a huge monster such as the MSI GT70, same goes for the powerbrick. the fans aren't as loud as most videos on the internet would suggest, I only really notice the fans in a quiet room. The keyboard is great and the mousepad is not as bad as most people would lead you to believe ( Or maybe i'm just used to the crappy mousepad that the Lenovo notebooks use), though the fingerscanner isn't all that great.
The audio is decent and the surface of the laptop remains cool to the touch even after long sessions of gaming, temperatures is low aswell.

Going from a cheap lenovo with a 310m to this is just amazing.

Just ordered a Vortex III LE and I can barely wait for it to arrive :D

Here is the specs:

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3630QM (2.40GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x European Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Laptop Cooling Stands NONE
Carry Case NONE
Monitor NONE
Keyboard & Mouse INTEGRATED SCANDINAVIAN KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Gaming Mouse Pad NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Headsets NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE

I obviously plan to upgrade it with an SSD in the future, but other than that I am very satisfied with my chosen specs. I live in Denmark so I had to pay a little extra for shipping,keyboard etc, but still saved a few 100 pounds compared to similar laptops in Denmark :)

I hope it will arrive soon.. :)

Last edited:

BobbySixKiller

Bronze Level Poster
Looks good matey ordered a similar one myself, bad news though I had a phone call from a nice chap from PCS can't remember his name apologizing because the GTX 670MX chassis aren't due in till early February sorry.Does give you a bit of tweaking time though I'd up the thermal paste and get the silver warranty also maybe upgrade to Kingston Ram

SlickShoes

Well the warranty on the parts is still valid, and the labour is still covered, but the courier charges are not covered as far as I know.

Yeah I am sure that is correct, it's not in the warranty FAQ but i do remember reading it somewhere over the last few days!

Looks good matey ordered a similar one myself, bad news though I had a phone call from a nice chap from PCS can't remember his name apologizing because the GTX 670MX chassis aren't due in till early February sorry.Does give you a bit of tweaking time though I'd up the thermal paste and get the silver warranty also maybe upgrade to Kingston Ram

I thought the difference between thermal paste was close to unnoticeable? Unless the standard they use is really really bad.

Well my laptop has been built with kingston ram and the upgraded cooling paste :) Now just waiting for it to arrive.

Btw does anyone know the Clevo name for my laptop? P150hm etc.

Ryan123

Well my laptop has been built with kingston ram and the upgraded cooling paste :) Now just waiting for it to arrive.

Btw does anyone know the Clevo name for my laptop? P150hm etc.

clevo p151em1 but there hardly any video reviews on youtube with the gtx670mx