Vortex III USB 3.0 ports issue!

Hey. I recently received a Vortex III and have an annoying USB 3.0 problem. Whenever I try to create a system image of my C: drive in Windows backup, to my USB 3.0 WD Passport, the process will repeatedly fail. I will hear the sound windows plays when a device is connected, and then the autoplay will open. After which Windows will say that the backup has failed, quoting "could not find specified file. error 0x80070002" (or 0x80070003).

I can create an image using the USB 2.0 port with no problems. I can even transfer data back and forth using the USB 3.0 ports with no problems. The issue seems linked to windows. However I have also tried connecting an external optical drive by USB 3.0 port and the same ejecting issue occurred again.

I have tried reformating, and reinstalling the USB 3.0 drivers from the disc I received, and even tried a driver from Intel's site (I have the C216 Extensible host controller). Nothing has worked so far.

I guess its not a major issue as I can backup by USB 2.0, but USB 3.0 is so much faster. I hope someone can help me with this.

P.S. On another note, does anyone know how to get Windows to recognize the USB 3.0 drive in the Windows PE environment? I can't find the INFs anywhere.