Vortex IV Backlit Keyboard Windows 10

Rafian

Hi all.

I have recently had a laptop custom made and am very pleased with it.

Yesterday, I upgraded to windows 10 and am having issues with the Clevo backlighting.

It has reverted back to the original blue backlighting which is on as standard. I cannot open hotkeys to change it.

When I try to install hotkeys again from the disk, it gives an error message (presumably meaning it is not compatible with windows 10). The only driver on the Clevo website is for windows 8.1 64 bit.

When I install that, it will put the app onto the icons in the bottom right, but will not open.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Are there any easy fixes, other than wait for a windows 10 compatible app/driver?

Thanks,

Al

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you updated hotkey or is it the original version that was installed with the laptop? I've got the latest windows 8 version running fine on windows 10. Note that after you first install it you have to run it and configure your keyboard and mouse combo before it works normally.if you don't set them correctly it won't run.

Rafian

Have you updated hotkey or is it the original version that was installed with the laptop? I've got the latest windows 8 version running fine on windows 10. Note that after you first install it you have to run it and configure your keyboard and mouse combo before it works normally.if you don't set them correctly it won't run.

I had tried both. However, had not tried the normal Windows 8 one. I had only tried the windows 8 64bit one. having tried the normal windows 8 one, it is now working. Hurrah!

Weird, seeing as it's a 64bit system.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

Al

thisisevilevil

Enthusiast
Clevo hasn't made Hotkey for windows 10 yet it seems. I've got the Windows 8 version working, but there was no option to disable/enable WLAN and bluetooth.