Vortex IV vs SkyFire 17,3 III Does it support Raid?

R3v3ng3R

Hi everybody,

My laptop sadly left me without any warning and i'm looking for a good configuration as fast as possible.

When I finded the SKYFIRE my eyes were shining, but then tryng also the Vortex IV configuration (too much for my need) i realized that the SkyFire as no Raid setup in configuration :wacko: .
It's really possible that a high level machine doesn't still support RAID?? even lower level have at least 2 msata slot.
The point is that i own my mSATA ssd and i wanted to use it like cache for the HDD (maybe 2 msata in short future).

Then the Vortex have some improvements (lower temp., coller cases, .etc..)? or they are forcing me to spend moremoney just for the Raid support

Thanks for answering and if you have any advice feel free to share.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You can have 2 HDD's. it just means getting rid of the CD drive. Then you could run a raid setup if you wanted to I guess.

R3v3ng3R

I'm think that too, anyway i writed to official support to be sure and I will post the official answer.
After the configuration going to the payout, an announcment telled me that the SkyFire 17,3 will not be available for fast build up, cause a delay from the cases farm i guess :wacko:

I need new laptop asap and 15,6 will be fine too, in your opinion what is a better choice between SkyFire, Vortex and Vortex Le?
i can't figure out especially the difference between Vortexs types... i want the gtx 870m so there is one more coller efficient?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
They are just different chassis, yes some have backlit keyboards and slightly different ports on the chassis (eSATA, more usb ports etc), fingerprint scanners, slightly different cooling systems and other small bits, but overall they are all perfectly fine if you don't specifically need a feature one offers over the other.

As far as which is best, IMO it would be the cheapest one but it depends on which you like the look of, or any specific features cats your eye. performance wise they should all be about the same. My brother has a skyfire II and its fine, they will all have the same components inside then so performance between the chassis would be identical