Vortex IX 15 vs Recoil III 17?

Which laptop to choose?

• Vortex IX 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recoil III 17

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheUberMedic

Hi! Little disclaimer before I continue. While I want to compare the Vortex IX, I wouldn't be buying it from PCS as I want the per key RGB keyboard with it which another reseller has. It's the exact same chassis, just with a per key RGB keyboard.

So, I'm currently deciding between these two laptops to replace my Medion Erazer X7849 (based on the Clevo P670RS-G chassis). The specs are near identical (i7 9750H, RTX 2070, 16GB 2666MHz RAM) but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. One of the main reasons I'm getting a new laptop is cause I want a thinner and lighter one to carry to uni but I do like having a larger 17" screen. Not sure if going down a size to 15" would be overkill for why I'm getting a new laptop. I'd also be using it a fair bit on my actual lap (using a laptop on your lap? Heresy!) while gaming.

Display options are also important as I'm going to be connecting it to 2 extra monitors. The keyboard is another thing I'm curious about. The Recoil uses a mechanical keyboard but I don't want a super noisy keyboard if I'm using it to take notes in a lecture. Another thing is a completely silent mode where the fans turn off completely. When on battery power, I don't want the fans to be on AT ALL so it's completely silent. They would be repasted with TG Conductonaut (really wish they'd offer this!) as well to help cooling.

My total price is around £1650. With the Recoil, I'd be getting an ADATA SX6200 Pro 1TB with it and the bigger battery upgrade. With the Vortex, I wouldn't actually need to buy more storage as I can use the SSDs in my current laptop but they still end up around a similar price in total.