Vortex IX end of life

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well!
I am currently in the market for a new laptop and I had my eyes on the 15.6inch Vortex IX. I really like the Vortex because it had a Gsync display, a thunderbolt port and a 2070.
The Vortex was taken out of the website today and after contacting PCS I was told that it is discontinued as it has reached its end of life.
I am not too familiar with the way PCS work so I wanted to ask, does that mean that there is potentially a refresh/substitute on the way? I will need a new laptop in about 6 weeks time so would you advise me to wait a bit longer before I make the purchase?
If Vortex or a substitute of it doesn't come back in stock then I'll go ahead with the Nova. My budget is around 1300-1400 pounds

All Best

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well!
I am currently in the market for a new laptop and I had my eyes on the 15.6inch Vortex IX. I really like the Vortex because it had a Gsync display, a thunderbolt port and a 2070.
The Vortex was taken out of the website today and after contacting PCS I was told that it is discontinued as it has reached its end of life.
I am not too familiar with the way PCS work so I wanted to ask, does that mean that there is potentially a refresh/substitute on the way? I will need a new laptop in about 6 weeks time so would you advise me to wait a bit longer before I make the purchase?
If Vortex or a substitute of it doesn't come back in stock then I'll go ahead with the Nova. My budget is around 1300-1400 pounds

All Best
Yes, that likely means a newer chassis with 10th gen CPU’s will be released normally within a couple of weeks.

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, that likely means a newer chassis with 10th gen CPU’s will be released normally within a couple of weeks.
Thank you for the speedy reply. I assumed this was probably the case but I wanted to confirm with some more experienced PCS users! Hopefully the newer chassis comes in stock soon

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you for the speedy reply. I assumed this was probably the case but I wanted to confirm with some more experienced PCS users! Hopefully the newer chassis comes in stock soon
Keep an eye out and I’ll post an update here if I see them come back before you do.