Vortex Series: 15.6 Review

G1gGzDL

Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4710MQ (2.50GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 870M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
mSATA SSD Drive 120GB Kingston SSDNow mS200 mSATA (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd mSATA SSD Drive NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x European Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
DVD Recovery Media NO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Laptop Cooling Stands NONE
Carry Case NONE
Stand-Alone Monitor NONE
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Additional Keyboard NONE
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Gaming Mouse Pad NONE
External Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Headsets NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Dead Pixel Guarantee NONE
Insurance NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days

Build time
Ordered the laptop on the 12th of may and received on the 30th of may. I was hoping to get it sooner but i do understand that if anyone orders with fast track my order will be delayed.
However spoke with some of the staff via email and live support and all I can say is that the support and feedback is very good.

When i finally recieved the laptop, there was a big box very well protected and sealed. Inside that box a smaller box (like a laptop case box) everything was really well packed.
Also inside 2 cd's with the drivers and free software. All the content was really simple and fast to install and the laptop was ready to be used in just under an hour.
Didn't buy the Operative system as I had bought one previously, but the laptop came with the same OS that I had, because when you order it they ask you which OS you are going to use.

The laptop chassis is simple but feels very well built, looks very nice and powerfull, the front cover has a nice touch but is prone to gather dust, but if you keep it clean is really cool.
The sound bar on near the keyboard is simple and the sound is loud enough, there's also a subwoofer underneath which gives a better sound quality. Not a world class sound but good enough for casual gamers.
The touch pad has the same touch feeling as the front cover and can be a bit annoying to some, also the sensibility is slightly different from other laptops that I have seen.
The scroll on the right side its ok but could be easier to slide with the finger. In the middle of the touchpad buttons there's the fingerprint scanner, and I find it nice add-on good if you want a quick log in
and easy to use.
The blacklit keyboard is another add-on that I really like, it comes with a software so that you can personalize the colours as you like, the keyboard itself is good, very well presented.T
The Screen brightness is better than other laptops I have seen and compared, using it outside with clear sky it's difficult to see, as any other screen but I believe it's better than most laptop screens.
The battery for a laptop with this much power is nothing special, but makes a good 3-4 hours of normal use or watching videos, although for gaming, you will need to keep it plugged in.
The fans work great at keeping the CPU and GPU cool, and there's a option to keep to fans on maximum performance with the software given.
The laptop is very quick to boot, install and load, and you won't regret it. Multitasking is easy for this laptop even if you're in the middle of a demanding gaming.
Gaming wise, this laptop is a great option and lets you play any game released to this point with the great graphics without any worries.

The laptop is a bit heavy but i wouldn't think it was light with all this components.
This is my first gaming laptop and im very happy with it, and recommend to friends and anyone that wants a very good gaming laptop.
The service has been pretty fantastic and the forums have loads of questions and answers and most are usually answered within 24 hours.

Attachments

• fotografia.jpg
    fotografia.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 207
  • fotografia 1.jpg
    fotografia 1.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 197
  • fotografia 2.jpg
    fotografia 2.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 203