voyager

Pilch

I am currently looking in to speccing up a voyager 17.3 laptop for my upcoming placement year and final year at university. This laptop will basically get used daily for visual studio 2010 and general development. I was wandering if anyone could give any insight that has experience with this laptop as a general unit, in terms of its keyboard and mouse, and general build feel. Does it feel sturdy, is the mouse nice to use? Im wandering what the catch may be with this case, as I have priced a rather nice one up and I'm just hoping I'm not going to find out that the general laptop feels bad, regardless of the components, it needs to last a while.
I was also wandering, I am hoping to use an SSD and a 500gb harddrive as the second, and just have no dvd/cd drive. This is not an option on the website but I am hoping that this is just an error on the site?

My current specs are looking like this:
Chassis: Voyager 17.3 full HD (1920x1080
CPU: Intel i7-2670QM(2.20ghz)
Memory: 8gb Samsung
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M
HDD 1: 120GB Kingston hyperx 3k
HDD 2: 500gb sata (5,400rpm)
(hoping here for no dvd drive, or if it turns out I can get all 3 that would be awesome)

nothing changed in system refinements;
no operating system or software

£700.00 inc VAT.

Thanks in advance for any useful responses

AzY

Gold Level Poster
I would wait a while as i heard soon voyager will be replaced with voyager 2 with the next gen cpu chipset, i would also recommend silver warranty upgrade (£5)