VPN HELP

bluesfloyd

Bronze Level Poster
hi guys,
trying to get my head around this VPN thing, you can buy VPN , you can get free VPN, and youtube shows that you can setup VPN though your router,so whats best for me? i use my PC to buy stuff online and send emails, not worried about download speed,
thanks for your time guys,
bluesfloyd.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Why do you require VPN at all for that usage?

Paid VPN will be significantly faster than free, other than that the different protocols offer different security benefits vs speed.
Setting up VPN through the router depends on the router options.

itburnz

if you're interested in buying one they usually offer great deals, usually along the lines of a one or two year purchase with a huge discount, better going for that instead of paying monthly imo if you intend to use it for a long period of time. if you choose to go with a paid one faster speeds too.

if you plan to use a vpn frequently then a free vpn but not work out due to the data limits and slow speeds usually imposed

nordvpn or private internet access are great ones. also express vpn too

each vpn has different encryption types, strengths and data policies. I highly recommend reading through the differences to see which one you prefer. I would personally go for a 100% zero log vpn and one known to deliver a reliable connection whith as many encryption types as possible