Vray won't find my GPU

gilwil

I've just noticed that Vray is not using my GPU for rendering, it just won't connect with it. Now I'm worried my GPU isn't installed properly. I thought that it would have been done when I purchased the machine??? How can I check.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just noticed that Vray is not using my GPU for rendering, it just won't connect with it. Now I'm worried my GPU isn't installed properly. I thought that it would have been done when I purchased the machine??? How can I check.
Can you post your full specs?

gilwil

Intel® Xeon® W-2123 4-Core (3.6GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 8.25M Cache) ASUS® WS C422 PRO/SE (DDR4 RDIMM, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI) Memory (RAM) 32GB Kingston DDR4 2666MHz ECC Registered (2 x 16GB) Graphics Card PNY QUADRO P620 - 2GB GDDR5, 512 CUDA Cores - 4 x mDP

gilwil

Hi, Thanks for posting this video, I watched it but unfortunately it doesn't help me. So basically when I go to the CPU/GPU window the GPU is just greyed out, so I can't select it. I then went to the tool bar in Sketch up and selected 'Extension', in a dropdown from that list I can see the details of the CPU, but no GPU is on that list. That's why I'm wondering is it even installed? And how can I check. I'm not very techy, and this is the first PC I have ever owned, even though I have worked on Macs for years, so I'm still getting used to how this machine operates.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. So your GPU is definitely there and switched on.

Check Device Manager and see what it says under Display Adapters. Does it correctly name your GPU? Is there a yellow triangle there?

gilwil

Hi thank you for your message. Yes it does display the name NVIDIA Quadro p620 in the Device Manager.
There is no yellow triangle. Does that mean it's all working ok?
Do you know how I can get it to link with Vray?

gilwil

Hi, please ignore that last question. It does appear to be working ok now and I can select the GPU in Vray.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Glad to hear it's all working now :)

And yes, the absence of a yellow triangle is a good thing.