VYPER 17.3 Monitors issue > Stuck in 24hz with 4K monitor (HDMI)

Baki

Hi Folks, I've added more info about my laptop in the attached txt file
So, I've just received a LG 31MU97 which a 4k monitor that allows to reach 60hz with a HDMI 2.0 cable.
But in my case, I'm only able to reach 24hz in 4k.
I'd like to know if you have advice on what to do about this issue. I find it hard to believe that this laptop has only a 1.4 hdmi port.
Also, with my configuration, can I use a type-C port to output video?

Also when I was looking for the settings I noticed that my internal monitor (so my laptop screen) isn't connected to my RTX 2070 but to the intel UHD graphics, is that normal?

Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• laptop-info.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 209

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Folks, I've added more info about my laptop in the attached txt file
So, I've just received a LG 31MU97 which a 4k monitor that allows to reach 60hz with a HDMI 2.0 cable.
But in my case, I'm only able to reach 24hz in 4k.
I'd like to know if you have advice on what to do about this issue. I find it hard to believe that this laptop has only a 1.4 hdmi port.
Also, with my configuration, can I use a type-C port to output video?

Also when I was looking for the settings I noticed that my internal monitor (so my laptop screen) isn't connected to my RTX 2070 but to the intel UHD graphics, is that normal?

Thanks in advance guys.
All laptops have switchable graphics, so in low power states (like desktop use) they’ll stick on igpu to save power. You’d need to specify the nvidia card for whichever app you want to run at 4k 60hz to be on the nvidia card in Nvidia control panel.

Baki

You’d need to specify the nvidia card for whichever app you want to run at 4k 60hz to be on the nvidia card in Nvidia control panel.
Not sure to see where to specify this in Nvidia control panel. Do you know precisely where ?
Also not sure if this would work in my case as I don't even have a 4k-60hz option in the mod listing
Thx for your reply

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also not sure if this would work in my case as I don't even have a 4k-60hz option in the mod listing
Sorry, not sure what you mean by this? Until it’s running on the nvidia gpu you won’t get any option above 24hz as that’s all the igpu it’s on currently on can output.
Not sure to see where to specify this in Nvidia control panel. Do you know precisely where ?