Vyper 17.3" - Review + Issue + How to manually install drivers?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok thanks for your help, I'll do this asap.
FYI, this how I installed windows at the first time BUT there were a problem cause I left my desk during the installation and the key was booting again and again, so it created several OS, that might be the issue.
That doesn't sound good. A clean install is for sure necessary. Buy a new USB stick, don't use the one you used before.

For the drivers, I'll download them again but I'm wondering if I still need to unzip them before run windows update
Download them by all means but don't use them unless you absolutely have to. Let Windows Update install your drivers.

Baki

Buy a new USB stick, don't use the one you used before.
I only that one, but I formated it, I'll try with this one and I'll buy another one if I still get the issue

Let Windows Update install your drivers.
Yep understood but I might not be clear here, do I need to just unzip the drivers folders before (in order to make sure windows find the drivers) ?
Or will windows find them by itself anyway ?
Also is there a specific place to download the drivers ?
I'm sorry for asking this many questions but I better make sure before the process.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Windows Update finds them by itself from Microsoft's online libraries. You don't have to download them at all, Windows Update will find them, download them, and install them. :)

Baki

Hi again, so I reinstalled windows from scratch
I still have the same issue with unknown devices, except that I don't see any unknown external devices now
FYI, I have Windows 10 Pro, I followed your steps one by one.
Then I tried to installed the driver "03_chipset" from PCS, but again unknown devices are still here.
I don't know what to do now, and I don't know what this issue can cause. Because my PC works really well so far
(Again slowdown when it's unplugged but it doesn't bother me that much)

Attachments

• Devices manager.png
    Devices manager.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 312

Baki

I was wondering something but I'm a total noob so that might make no sense :
I got a second slot for M.2 that is Empty for now. I'll install my own later
And I know that this slot is a PCI express or something, so do you think letting a empty slot can be linked to the error ?

Anyway, I'll call PCS tomorrow morning
Thanks for all your help guys, and don't hesitate to add some tracks if you have an idea

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi again, so I reinstalled windows from scratch
I still have the same issue with unknown devices, except that I don't see any unknown external devices now
FYI, I have Windows 10 Pro, I followed your steps one by one.
Then I tried to installed the driver "03_chipset" from PCS, but again unknown devices are still here.
I don't know what to do now, and I don't know what this issue can cause. Because my PC works really well so far
(Again slowdown when it's unplugged but it doesn't bother me that much)

So you're saying that after following all the steps, particularly running Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates are found, you still have missing drivers?

If that's true then it rather sounds as though you have a hardware issue. I would contact PCS and ask their advice. Point them to this thread so they can see what you have already done.

You might not be able to put an SSD into that second M.2 slot. Some laptops don't support that. Certainly having it empty will not be a problem.

Baki

Yep I'll finally call the customer service tomorrow
And about the SSD the guy from PCS I had on the phone before my purchase told me that I was able to install a second m.2 so it should be okay

I'll keep you update about the issue

Baki

Okay So I called PCS and they will forward my request to the technical team. I'll keep you updated guys
FYI : I don't have slowdown anymore when my laptop isn't plugged with power cable!
Either way reinstall windows 10 cleanly was a good thing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay So I called PCS and they will forward my request to the technical team. I'll keep you updated guys
FYI : I don't have slowdown anymore when my laptop isn't plugged with power cable!
Either way reinstall windows 10 cleanly was a good thing
I’m fairly certain one or a couple of the missing devices is related to thunderbolt. I don’t think there’s a hardware issue, just think TongFang haven’t had the drivers added to the windows catalogue as yet. They’re not as organised as Clevo with doing so.

ajwmcd

I had a similar issue after a fresh install of Windows on my own Vyper. I can't read French but it does seem like the exact same drivers are missing and Windows couldn't find them either. For me some of the PCS provided driver packages were not installing, either properly or fully. I looked up each of the ID strings in the properties of the device manager and they were all Intel related. It took me a lot of googling to figure out but it was to do with the chipset drivers and Intel Management Engine Interface drivers.

So basically I think I just found more up-to-date versions of the 03_chipset and 07_ME PCS downloads. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link them here, I will if I am, but they are available on the Intel website. Although I should say, I'm not an expert in these things in the slightest but it did seem to fix my issue.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a similar issue after a fresh install of Windows on my own Vyper. I can't read French but it does seem like the exact same drivers are missing and Windows couldn't find them either. For me some of the PCS provided driver packages were not installing, either properly or fully. I looked up each of the ID strings in the properties of the device manager and they were all Intel related. It took me a lot of googling to figure out but it was to do with the chipset drivers and Intel Management Engine Interface drivers.

So basically I think I just found more up-to-date versions of the 03_chipset and 07_ME PCS downloads. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link them here, I will if I am, but they are available on the Intel website. Although I should say, I'm not an expert in these things in the slightest but it did seem to fix my issue.
So long as they’re official links, then please feel free to link them :)

Baki

Amazing, that would be really cool to post them here thanks in advance!
Weird that Windows Update doesn't find the right drivers from intel...

ajwmcd

Like I say, I don't have an advanced knowledge of this stuff at all. I spent about half a day researching and sorting my own issue out and still only have a vague idea of what these particular drivers are actually for, so I'd wait to see what spydertracks and ubuysa have to say about it before doing anything.

From your last screenshot I can't be sure that we're sharing a problem although it certainly looks like it, I also had six components that were flagged. The first thing I think you should do is go in to each of them in device manager and view the properties and in the status box you'll see a string of characters that include "VEN_XXXX&DEV_XXXX". For instance, one I had an issue with was "VEN_8086&DEV_06E0". If each of them are VEN_8086 then you almost definitely have the same issue I did.

This is the chipset download I used, this allowed five of the six flags to become recognised I think. If the installer gives you an error manually point Windows to its directory through device manager. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I used to fix the last but I've tried to retrace my searches and this is what I'm coming up with. It's not what I remember using but it's definitely relevant (i.e the CSME, the management engine, which was an issue for me), so I would give that a shot. I've just run it myself and it gives me a v14.0.31.1120.

Bon chance.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Like I say, I don't have an advanced knowledge of this stuff at all. I spent about half a day researching and sorting my own issue out and still only have a vague idea of what these particular drivers are actually for, so I'd wait to see what spydertracks and ubuysa have to say about it before doing anything.

From your last screenshot I can't be sure that we're sharing a problem although it certainly looks like it, I also had six components that were flagged. The first thing I think you should do is go in to each of them in device manager and view the properties and in the status box you'll see a string of characters that include "VEN_XXXX&DEV_XXXX". For instance, one I had an issue with was "VEN_8086&DEV_06E0". If each of them are VEN_8086 then you almost definitely have the same issue I did.

This is the chipset download I used, this allowed five of the six flags to become recognised I think. If the installer gives you an error manually point Windows to its directory through device manager. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I used to fix the last but I've tried to retrace my searches and this is what I'm coming up with. It's not what I remember using but it's definitely relevant (i.e the CSME, the management engine, which was an issue for me), so I would give that a shot. I've just run it myself and it gives me a v14.0.31.1120.

Bon chance.
Since those are both Intel drivers it might be simpler to download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Whilst third-party driver search and install tools should be avoided, the Intel tool only supports installed Intel devices and is thus quite safe. The tool will scan your PC for missing (or updated) Intel drivers and allow you to download and install the right ones. It's thus safer than trying to find the right driver yourself, especially if you're not 100% sure what you're looking for. :)

Edit: @Baki, if the Intel Driver Tool doesn't find the drivers then locate the Ven and Dev numbers for each device that's missing drivers (as advised above) - right-click on the device in Device Manager, select Properties, then the Details tab and in the Property pull-down selection choose Hardware IDs. Post screenshots of that output and I'll see whether I can find the right drivers for you. What version of Windows 10 are you running (Pro or Home)? It shouldn't make any difference but just in case.... :)

Last edited:

Baki

Hello guys, so I tried the intel Driver & Support Assistant, unfortunately it only found Intel UHD Graphics drivers, and the 6 devices still remain unknown
I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, and here is the list of the info you asked for ;

PrtScr capture.jpg

1. ACQUISITION DE DONNEES PCI ET CONTROLEUR DE TRAITEMENT DE DU SIGNAL
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&CC_118000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&CC_1180

2. CONTROLEUR DE BUS SM
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&CC_0C05

3. CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_0780

4. CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&CC_0780

5. Périphérique PCI
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&CC_0C8000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&CC_0C80

6. Périphérique système de base
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_0880

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello guys, so I tried the intel Driver & Support Assistant, unfortunately it only found Intel UHD Graphics drivers, and the 6 devices still remain unknown
I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, and here is the list of the info you asked for ;

View attachment 17766

1. ACQUISITION DE DONNEES PCI ET CONTROLEUR DE TRAITEMENT DE DU SIGNAL
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&CC_118000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F9&CC_1180

2. CONTROLEUR DE BUS SM
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A3&CC_0C05

3. CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_0780

4. CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A8&CC_0780

5. Périphérique PCI
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&CC_0C8000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&CC_0C80

6. Périphérique système de base
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_0880
I'm sure I've said this already, but all those are Intel devices and all are covered by the chipset driver I believe. Certainly Intel have no individual drivers for any of these these devices. Other driver download sites claim to have drivers for some of them but I would never trust a third party site.

These devices are:
VEN_8086&DEV_06F9 - chipset
VEN_8086&DEV_06A3 - SMBus Controller
VEN_8086&DEV_06E0 - Intel MEI
VEN_8086&DEV_06A8 - Serial I/O
VEN_8086&DEV_06A4 - PCH SPI Controller
VEN_8086&DEV_15E8 - Thunderbolt NHI

All of those (with the possible exception of Thunderbolt) should be found by Windows Update and are most likely part of a single chipset driver. That Windows Update does not find or install these on your hardware makes me think you have some sort of hardware issue. I suggest you speak again to PCS and point them to this thread...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All of those (with the possible exception of Thunderbolt) should be found by Windows Update and are most likely part of a single chipset driver. That Windows Update does not find or install these on your hardware makes me think you have some sort of hardware issue.
It’s just the drivers aren’t in the windows catalogue yet, this is normal amongst viper owners.

i would follow @ajwmcd directions above