Vyper 17 fn keys

So this might be a very silly question, but after looking online and on forum I couldn't find any satisfactory answer.

I've got a new Vyper 17'' purchased last month from PCS. I'd like to control the function keys without using the fn key, i.e. I'd like to mute the sound without using the fn key.

I followed advice to hit fn and escape, to lock/unlock the keys, but that doesn't work. If anyone has had any luck, can you let me know how to do it?

Cheers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So this might be a very silly question, but after looking online and on forum I couldn't find any satisfactory answer.

I've got a new Vyper 17'' purchased last month from PCS. I'd like to control the function keys without using the fn key, i.e. I'd like to mute the sound without using the fn key.

I followed advice to hit fn and escape, to lock/unlock the keys, but that doesn't work. If anyone has had any luck, can you let me know how to do it?

Cheers
The management driver (control center) is what controls the FN keys. You’d either need a custom management driver (which you’d have to write yourself) or some key remapping software

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Cheers
If you just want to mute the sound without using a function key take a look at Nirsoft's nircmd tool. It allows programatic control of many features, including sound. For example, once installed, to mute the sound you'd issue the command (perhaps from a softcut)