Vyper 17 review - fast with well balanced thermals and fans.

TheMash

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, @TheMash, happy to share some thoughts.

I had a superb experience with PCS in terms of delivery time and keeping me updated. I had the laptop within 5 working days of order, which I thought was sensational. I ordered on Friday, got it the *following* Saturday. They gave me regular updates, and responded promptly to one email asking for an update.

For what it's worth this is by far the most portable 17 inch laptop I've ever handled, although my previous 17 inchers were beasts from Dell.

Regarding windows hello, how can I test this?

Hi deathbyspork! Thank you for your message.
It seems a very good customer experience from what I've been reading here and on the web and delivery time is very fast considering the actual situation.

It's a very reasonable time from the order to delivery. I've read other posts where some users were waiting 1 month or more to have it delivered, but it probably refers to earlier times during the initial stages of the pandemic.

Of course it's a bit difficult to understand the portability and real size without having it in hands but I'll do some investigation to understand the footprint better and your words are very helpful as it's real feedback from having used it. :)

I suppose Windows Hello has to be configured as it's a cool method to login on Windows using just your face, but it isn't enabled by default.
You should check Settings and Sign In options. If there's a Windows Hello capable camera it would allow you to configure it, otherwise it'll say there's not compatible camera.

I've attached a screen from my Surface Book, which has Windows Hello compatible camera.

Thanks!

Attachments

• windowshello.jpg
    windowshello.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 131

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi deathbyspork! Thank you for your message.
It seems a very good customer experience from what I've been reading here and on the web and delivery time is very fast considering the actual situation.

It's a very reasonable time from the order to delivery. I've read other posts where some users were waiting 1 month or more to have it delivered, but it probably refers to earlier times during the initial stages of the pandemic.

Of course it's a bit difficult to understand the portability and real size without having it in hands but I'll do some investigation to understand the footprint better and your words are very helpful as it's real feedback from having used it. :)

I suppose Windows Hello has to be configured as it's a cool method to login on Windows using just your face, but it isn't enabled by default.
You should check Settings and Sign In options. If there's a Windows Hello capable camera it would allow you to configure it, otherwise it'll say there's not compatible camera.

I've attached a screen from my Surface Book, which has Windows Hello compatible camera.

Thanks!
PC’s take a lot longer than laptops, PCs currently take around 24 days, laptops take about 10 at the longest.

TheMash

Bronze Level Poster
Oh the face login thing. Yeah that worked out of the box. Didn't realise that was what you were talking about!

@TheMash

Sorry for that, probably I should have explained it better 😅
It was so flawless that it makes you forgot about that feature 😁
That's great that it has a IR Camera @deathbyspork!
I have it on my Surface Book and I would have missed it.
On PCS website there wasn't any mention about that, so I was a bit confused as I've seen it on the same model of laptop from an American brand.

Thank you for all your help, hope to join the PCS family soon :)

I don't know if it's an IR camera or what that is, but the face login thing works (when I'm wearing my glasses anyway, it hasn't figured that out yet lol)

TheMash

Bronze Level Poster
I don't know if it's an IR camera or what that is, but the face login thing works (when I'm wearing my glasses anyway, it hasn't figured that out yet lol)

Yep, basically it's two cameras, the normal webcam in conjunction with a stealthy IR camera which allows to recognise you even in low light situations.
Usually if there's a dedicated IR Camera the system should be compatible with Windows Hello ;-)
And you can train it to recognise you both with or without glasses if I'm not wrong