Vyper brightness issue

sciale

Hello,
i bought this laptop in dec 2018, today while i was playing to a videogame i noticed that brightness fall to very low level suddenly.
I tried to increase brightness with usual combination of keys with no result.
Summarizing: If i try to increase brightness above 23% it decrease immediately to a low level also if set it at 100%. Until i leave my screen at 23% i have not any particular issue, of course brightness is not enough. If i try to increase above i can noticelow brightness and also soft flickering. I try to explain: with brightness 1-23 watching my screen with my smartphone cam i do not notice nothing, with brightness above 23 i can notice soft flickering that my smartphone cam show me with horizontal bands. Anyway it remember me a bit like wrong refresh rate issue with old CRT screens!

I tried to reinstall all video cards and reinstalling also "game center" with no results. I read that Windows 10 had some issue with brightness but i never suffer it after any update and this problem happened playing with a videogame without having no problem before.

Now or my screen is gone, starting with a kind of malfunctioning or it is a issue with windows 10 bugs..
I dunno... i accept any advice about.

Namu

Sounds like a variant of my issue, do you know if your screen uses PWM to manage brightness ? If it uses PWM, you might have a faulty backlight, otherwise it could be the inverter supplying inadequate current or voltage beyond 23%.

sciale

sorry what is PWM? Anyway my first think is an screen hardware issue :cautious:
Luckly i'm under warranty but i'm no happy about...

[edit]
tested with my tv using hdmi cable and i do not see any brightness issue if with TV and again same issue with laptop screen..
I'm pretty sure it is LED screen faulty...

Last edited: