Vyper/Recoil screen details

sdjacko

I can't seem to find any recent information on the type of screens and response times?

From what I can see the Vyper was TN and the Recoil is IPS type? Is this still the case? Can't seem to find anything on response times.

Any help would be appreciated as would like to have better details prior to making final choice between the two.

CinnamonCakes

Silver Level Poster
I can't seem to find any recent information on the type of screens and response times?

From what I can see the Vyper was TN and the Recoil is IPS type? Is this still the case? Can't seem to find anything on response times.

Any help would be appreciated as would like to have better details prior to making final choice between the two.
all the 1080p screens from PCS are IPS nowadays

**edit, not accurate**

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

For the specific panel number, just give PCS a call. That detail is normally in the detailed description on the configurator but as these are still quite new I don't think it's been added yet.

Charlas

Enthusiast
Looks about right, remember though response times listed are grey to grey not the normally quoted 'response times' listed on adverts, jfyi

sdjacko

This is the screen used in the Vyper 17 apparently:

Thanks for the info. 17.3 inch panel looks like a good IPS-ADS option. Do you happen to know the 15.6 inch model number?

Charlas

Enthusiast
Yes - taken from my laptop, it's BOE NV156FHM-N4G.

Definitely IPS from a couple of sources. Seems to be used on various Lenovo and Razer laptops as well.
Yup, same panel just the 15 inch version

sdjacko

Yes - taken from my laptop, it's BOE NV156FHM-N4G.

Definitely IPS from a couple of sources. Seems to be used on various Lenovo and Razer laptops as well.
Amazing, thanks. Just wanted to see the stats before making a decision and has helped a lot.