Waiting is such a drag.

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
Ugh, 5 Days in Processing and now my third day in pre-production. Mega lame :( I'm kind of wondering how it's going to arrive before Xmas, considering it looks like it takes 3-6 days to actually build plus at least a day or 2 with the postman. Not looking hopeful.

willh

Have faith, once mine got into build it flew through, started being built 14/12, dispatched today 16/12 and I am now tracking it through DHL. Mega impressed so far, just hoping DHL deliver before the impending snow hits again.

Secret666

Have faith, once mine got into build it flew through, started being built 14/12, dispatched today 16/12 and I am now tracking it through DHL. Mega impressed so far, just hoping DHL deliver before the impending snow hits again.

When did you order and what spec?

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster

Ugh, forgot about the snow. Luckily I'm down in the southwest so it's not so bad here. Then again, isn't PCS based in Leeds?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
About 15 - 20 miles away from Leeds, but we've only got a sprinkling on snow here....at the moment.

Len

also in south west(HEAVY snow tomorrow) My orders in pre-production and was pre 10th of december.
6 working days to go I can't see you getting this to me before christmas day by going through ur proper build proceedures..
Saying that I would rather it come after and not get a rushed built PC

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
also in south west(HEAVY snow tomorrow) My orders in pre-production and was pre 10th of december.
6 working days to go I can't see you getting this to me before christmas day by going through ur proper build proceedures..
Saying that I would rather it come after and not get a rushed built PC

Likewise. Also I'm deliberating on upgrading the GFX card to one of the new 570GTX or 6970 cards, and an extra bit of time to have a look at my finances to see if I can afford it.
Also from what I've heard the build/test/QC stage can take as little as a day or 2. So if that's started on monday there's still a chance we can get our machines before Xmas :)

willh

When did you order and what spec?

Case
COOLERMASTER SILEO 500 QUIET MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T (3.20GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3/) - (Special Offer)
Motherboard
ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£76)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (£30)
Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (1 License Product Key Card) (£73)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Wireless Desktop® MK250 Keyboard and Mouse Combo (£19)
Speakers
LOGITECH X-540 5.1 Surround sound effect with full range and deep bass (£72)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 13 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE STORMRISE Game (RRP: £29.99) with any AMD® Phenom™ II X6 Processor!
Quantity

Processed Date
09-12-2010
Pre-Production Date
14-12-2010
Build Date
14-12-2010
Test Date
15-12-2010
QC Date
15-12-2010
Awaiting Dispatch Date
16-12-2010
Dispatch Date
16-12-2010

And through tracking it left for delivery at 6:20am on 17/12/2010 and not really any snow to speak of in the midlands just yet, getting excited now, just got to get through till 1 when i can leave work and go play!

PaulH

Bright Spark
If you ordered before the deadline, youll get your machine :)

A lot of people are getting confused with the delays with the couriers, we know there isnt snow now for the most part, but its the back log that was created when the snow was actually here, thats what they are catching up on.

Providing we dont get tonked by another act of god, youll have it :)

Freeley

Providing we dont get tonked by another act of god, youll have it :)

Guess what, we have!
Pretty much country wide this time, even here in north devon i woke upto about 5 inches of snow this morning, had an urgent job on today and tomorrow but couldn't even get the van off the drive. It's going to be chaos for deliveries next week including mine supposedly.